Monday, April 19, 2010

Make-Believe Mondays rests while I head to the Romantic Times Convention - author interviews will resume May 10th

Make-Believe Mondays will take a small rest while I head to the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in Columbus, Ohio. I will be heading to Ohio this weekend and driving back on Monday May 3rd. Make-Believe Mondays author interviews will resume Monday, May 10th.

I'm very pleased that the conference is being held in Columbus, Ohio this year, because it is where I was born! And this will be my first book signing in Ohio, something I have looked forward to with the release of my first book, A DESPERATE JOURNEY.

Here is a partial list of places you will find me in Columbus:

If you are not attending the conference, but live or work in the area this event is open to the public for a small fee of $5.00 at the door.
SATURDAY MAY 1st :11:00 AM - 2:00 PM GIANT BOOK FAIR

Where can you meet your favorite authors, get your pic taken with them or a cover model, or get a sneak preview to what's coming out in the wonderful world of women's fiction? At the one and only RT Booklovers Convention Book Fair! Over 300 authors will autograph books, posters and bookmarks, and you can bring your favorite "keeper" books to have your fav author sign them!!

For those bringing collectibles and "keeper" books, we will clearly label the books for you, so as not to mistake them for new books!

All registered attendees will enter 15 minutes prior to the public opening.

The location is:
Hyatt Regency Columbus
350 North High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
USA
800 989 8816

And of course who could miss the Mr Romance contest, which has launch the careers of so many cover models?
SATURDAY May 1st: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM MR. ROMANCE COMPETITION

Past winners of the Mr. Romance competiton and their covers

Can there be that many gorgeous guys in one place? Who will the next Mr. Romance be? Come help us choose the lucky guy who will win a cover shoot with romance giant Dorchester Publishing.

Also, if you are attending the conference, I'm pleased to have my own panel this year:
WEDNESDAY APRIL 28th: 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM HEALTH AND WELL-BEING:WRITERS BREAK-
- THE MIND BODY CONNECTION

Spending hours at the computer can create stiffness, aches and pains. Using skills she learned as a professional belly dancer, Debra Parmley will teach you how to apply yoga and dance movements in your daily writing routine to stay limber, relaxed and in the flow. Panelists: Debra Parmley


Other news:
I'm pleased to announce that my contemporary romance was completed just yesterday. There's a certain satisfaction which comes from typing THE END. Now I am ready to find the agent who is the right match for me. Also finishing up the western novella which I promised my editor and I am thrilled that she will be attending the conference as well so I'll get to meet her in person. All good things. :-)

For those who can't attend the conference and wish to follow me on Twitter, here's where you'll find me. If there's anything you'd like me to report on, send me a tweet and I'll do my best.

And for those who wish to follow this Make-Believe Monday blog, I just added a clickable link for that off to the tight hand side of the blog. Following always makes me think of that song by Genesis. "I will follow you, will you follow me..." Just one of those things that makes me smile. :-)

Until next time...

Love and light,

Debra

www.debraparmley.com

No comments: